Job OpportunitiesPosition: Administrative Officer
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Opening date: March 24, 2014
Closing date: April 04, 2014, AT 5:00PM
Sustainable Cambodia (SC) works to improve the self-reliance and quality of life of people in the communities it works in, through a participatory, empowerment-based approach. The Administrative Officer will work with the HR/Administrative Manager and the Executive Director to ensure and maintain the support system for SC staff to perform their jobs. The Administrative Officer will also support the HR/Administrative Manager in his daily tasks.
A) Administrative Tasks
The Administrative Officer will be expected to:
B) Supervision and Reporting
- Maintain all supplies needed for the efficient operation of the office and school by overseeing all SC material, equipment in stock within the check list (in and out).
- Purchase all office materials and supplies such as, printer and copy ink, paper, pen, notebook… and keep them in SC stock with the record.
- Distribute those materials as needed under the approval of HR/Admin Manager, and the Executive Director
- Maintain records and reports that are needed to support Executive Director for effective communication with external partner as well as government affair. (Quarterly Report for CDC and MRD, Provincial Department)
- Assist the HR/Admin Manager, and the Executive Director in order to follow up the monthly usages of motor and fuel for project operation
- Make travel arrangements as directed by the Executive Director (ED)
- Maintain a monthly phone call, internet usage, printing and photocopy log, electricity, water, reflecting all these items usage, cross-check these against monthly bills and report any discrepancies or unusual usage
- Follow up materials/building repairing and maintaining
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Keep and maintain the SC Inventory/Fixed Asset list
- Assist the Training/Workshop/Meeting/Ceremony preparation, both in-house and external events.
- Keep all grant proposals and report documents (archived doc)
- Keep and update SC information board
- Open and distribute mail
- Take minutes at meeting signed by Executive Director and distribute minutes to all parties
- Manipulating complex statistical data of entire SC programs
- Perform any other administrative services needed to help staff which directed by HR/Admin Manager, and the Executive Director
The Administrative Officer will be expected to supervise the following staff:
The Administrative Officer will be expected to report to:
- Security Guards
- Volunteer House keeper/cook
C) Assisting the HR/Admin Manager
The Administrative Officer will be expected to assist:
- Participate in staff recruitment and announcement as needed
- Recruiting, training and supervising junior staff and delegating work as required
- Ensure staff are following SC Policy and Procedure
- Compose official letters, memos and reports, and prepare other documents as needed which assigned by the HR/Admin Manager and the Executive Director (ED).
- Keep and maintain all staff CV and Bio, attendance/permission and office files including all SC contracts and building lease.
- Requirements for Prospective Candidates
- Currently enrolled in university in a related discipline (general management, business administration, economics) with one year minimum one year experience in an administrative or supervisory level OR university graduate in a related discipline with acceptable related work experience
- Skilled in using the computer for email, research, and composing documents and familiar enough with MS Office and Internet Explorer to complete assigned tasks unsupervised.
- Knowledge of the objectives, functions and relating policy and regulations of the department.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to prepare reports and statements.
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with the public, private industry and government personnel.
- Flexibility, versatility and tolerance in a complex and ever-changing work environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Khmer
TO APPLY: Candidates who are interested in applying for the above position MUST submit a current detailed resume
or curriculum vitae with a cover letter:
Address to: Mr. YOUM Vicheka, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, H/P: 095-968-963
Only short list candidates will be contacted for interviews and submitted CVs will not be returned.